NO SHOES REEFS PROJECT UPDATES
No Shoes Reefs and Reef Ball Foundation have been hard at work securing projects to Preserve and Protect both fresh and saltwater habitats with the support of our #NoShoesReefsPeeps and like minded brand partners!
2021 No Shoes Reefs Projects
- A shoreline restoration pilot program with Connecticut College to demonstrate how using reef balls can protect & restore a shoreline and create a new habitat.
- Launched two partnerships with eco-friendly artists, Julie Siracusa of Siracusa Design and Justin MacNeal of A1A Coastal Decor
- Partnership with Grand Bahama resort Paradise Cove to increase reef ball deployment and coral reef education
- More exciting projects are coming soon!
2020 No Shoes Reefs Projects
- New reef ball molds to help increase the projects output of more reef balls
- The creation of an interactive map showing Maryland boaters where the reef balls are located so they can fish them and checkout the oyster reefs
- Reef balls to create new reefs and add to existing reefs
- Deployment of 13-10,000lb reef balls to make our first, No Shoe Reefs 4 Reef off the beaches of Delray Beach, FL